As you may remember back in January I posted about taxes and how much I hate them.
I had three options, remember what they were?
3. Africian Clicky Language.
I can't have 1 without first having 2 and once again I'm kinda scared of 3, so 2 it is.
David and I had our "come to Jesus" moment about our finances and decided it was time to do a 180. We realized we should be saving over a grand a month...and we are now trying (being the key word) to do that.
What does that have to do with my bloggy-mc-blog? Well, my blog is now going to be the adventure of bringing us home...or to our home for that matter. We are not debt-ridden or credit-slaves but on the other hand we aren't home-buying savvy knee deep in the "know" of what to do with thousands of dollars put away. We are just a young couple trying to get home in the WORST housing market since the depression and boy do we want it bad!
So I invite you along on our really crazy journey to buying our first home. We are trying to do it alone (aka no government second loans or friends co-signing) and the right way. We want to be 100% happy with what we buy and we want it to be long term. We've seen quite a few of our friends buy "what they can" just so they can...and you know what? They want out already. It's scary to see that and I don't want to be that way. I want to love my house, work on my house, and eventually start growing our family in that house. I'm so excited that this process has begun that it is literally consuming me day in and day out (don't worry, David supports it!).
Anyway, the market is scary right now for homeowners but great for David and I. We hope to be starting the "buying process" <-whatever that is, at the end of summer/early fall. The third quarter is when the market is supposed to have fallen extremely low which means more types of houses for us to look at assuming banks are terrified to let go of some money. It's kind of scary if you are at the other end of the spectrum. Just the other day I was looking at our condo complex and we have 9, yes you read that right, 9 condos for sale! That number may not be gigantic but in a complex of under 70(ish) thats over ten percent!
If you ever feel like giving us, or me specifically, advice feel free! I love talking to anyone about this and feel like everyone has some sort of input that may help us on our journey. And just so you know I'll try not to make it too boring and still show the cutest pictures of my ridiculously handsome puppy (who is a year old on April 8th!).
Here are the two articles in which I was reading about 2011 housing forecast.
Housing Market Outlook 2011: Unsettled, Underwater, and Unsold
2011 Housing Market Forecast
Monday, March 14, 2011
The quickest update in the wild west:
- I have only one class after then one (15 class session all together! WOOOO) and then I will be a employable ASL teacher. If you know anyone who's hiring send it my way.
- There is less than 3 1/2 months left until glorious glorious summer time for me! AKA NO work and still paid!
- David is going to be taking a class to get his national welding certification soon! Holla'!
- Puppy is the most amazing creature to walk Lakeland Hills. We are currently trying to teach him how to "pound it." I'm sure if we tried a little bit harder than we are he'd have it. He's a really quick learner but his momma is being lazy bout the whole thing.
- We went camping last month with John, Moriah, and thier cute pooches. It was super windy but we still had an awesome time watching b-rated movies in the camper and sitting 'round the fire. We can't wait to do it again, hopefully when it's warmer and less windy!
- Our new favorite XBOX game is Borderlands. With over a million different gun combo's, how could it not be? I want to move to the planet Pandora just so I can snipe some skags!
- We finally got around to actually playing the Kinect and it was A LOT of fun.
- The Jarvis family is on a VERY strict budget system these days. Remember me talking about taxes and if we should have a baby, buy a house, or learn a clicky language? Well no matter which we choose we need a financial backer and since no one is really willing to invest it has to be us.
- Just kidding, the budget is strictly for a house, not the other two...seriously, no babies, and the clicky language I'm just going to learn off YouTube.
- David is going to Colorado to help his brother and wifey move back to Warshington. I'm so excited to have them close...even if they will still be 5 hours away! YAY!
- I'm interpreting TWO that's right TWO Pacific Northwest History classes this semester. Remember at my work the classes are 90 minutes long? Well that pans out to be 3 oh so long hours of all about PNW fun...Yeah, I'm basically a genius when it comes to this area. By June you'll be able to ask me anything onthe topic and I'll not only tell you but probably recite a Native American poem about it. <- this is my my title is the west of the wild!
- And now for the best part, pictures.