Thursday, November 18, 2010

Whatever you think, I didn't wait

I was thinking today about David serving his mission. It was a rough two years for me, I won't lie. In the end I changed a lot and some of it for the good and some of it for the not so good. The reason I was thinking about this was because I ran across a "waiting" blog. It made me rather...angry? Well, not really angry but kind of angry/annoyed. The whole idea of setting your life aside for two years is still a baffling thought to me.

"But Chelsey, I thought you waited?"

Whatever you think, I didn't wait.

I told him I wouldn't. Did I write him? Yes. Did I love him? Yes. Did I miss him? Yes. But I didn't wait.

Waiting as defined here states the verb as "to remain inactive or in a state of repose, as until something expected happens ."

If you know me at all I know nothing of the word repose in my life. I don't wait. I am THE MOST impatient person on this planet.

I know that the Lord wanted us to be together but I also know that the Lord does not want anyone to sit idly by on anything we do at any time.

My advice? Don't wait, live your life. If you are meant to be the Lord will make it happen. Three months before David came home I realized via prayer that we were meant to be. I still didn't wait. Waiting is the lamest of all verbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment