Friday, February 12, 2010

Science Center sucks at Science

Here's a story for you:

Last Friday night David and I decided to take my parents to go see Avatar in IMAX 3-D! We've all wanted to but I refused to pay $13 dollars for each of the tickets, $2.50 for a convience fee PER ticket, and another $3.00 just for using the site. I kept telling myself I would just go into Seattle a purchase the tickets but I never got around to it. Finall I bit the bullet and bought the tickets for my parents' birthdays. We went to the late late showing by the way, so we were all jacked up on Mt. Dew so we could make it through the 3 hour ordeal.
 We go to Seattle by 10.
We were in line at 10:10
We had GREAT seats at 10:45

then...

something wasn't quite right...

The man came on and explained how great IMAX was blah blah blah. The screen started to play but shut off almost immediatly. WHAT THE? The projector was only running on half the voltage it needed. We were told that without 10% power the colors weren't going to be as bright and there would be a awkward lag time. BOOOOO

We waited...

"Just a few more minutes folks."

and waited....

"the tech girl should be here soon."

and waited...

"if you want to leave we understand, go to the front for ticket exchange."

and waited!!!

FINALLY at midnight the man came on and told us,

"Sorry everybody the projector is broke, you can get your money back"

So now it's midnight, we are in Seattle waiting in a long line to get my $13 dollars for each ticket, $2.50 for a convience fee PER ticket, and another $3.00 from the site. We got up to the poor guy whom was at the front desk. David and I had agreed that we'd be as nice as possible because let's face it, that guy was hating his life right about then. He said we were allowed a full refund of $52...GREAT! .... wait... 52? that only covers my $13 per ticket...not havin' it. We asked the poor fellow if we could please have our $13 service charge money back and he told us no in the meanest way possible! How rude? NO WHERE on the Pacific Science Center website does it say that if THEY cancel a show that you won't get your money back...ALL OF IT! I was very angry at this man but we walked away because clearly he wasn't going to help.
David called thier hotline that night, or should I say that morning, and said
"my name is David, my number is blah blah blah, 1-I want a phone call back, 2-i want ALL of my money back, 3-Jim needs to be nicer next time."

We figured they wouldn't call us back and we'd have to hound them for my service fees BUT the PSC is awesome let me tell you! They called us the very next day (a Saturday, too!) and gave us ALL our mooolaaa back AND free tickets to the center AND we got our apology (even though Jim should have been the one to say it).

Apparently we are just not meant to see Avatar in IMAX 3-D .

Dumb.

I still really want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment