Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"How to Love"

I put my title today in quotes because I personally believe that no one person can teach you "how to love." Having good healthy examples around you of love, taking classes, and reading books are all okay but the best way it to practice. When you practice loving that is when you will have to best chance at understanding it. Of course that is all my personal opinion. SOOOOO with that in mind I went on a hunt and google-d the word LOVE. Lemme' just say how awesome of things I found! Lucky for me, #4 from my search was WikiHow.com 's own rendition of "how to love."

Here are my most favorites from wikiHow:

"Love is both an action and a feeling. The action of love generates a blissful feeling called by the same name. When the action stops, the blissful feeling is replaced with pain. Every person is capable of great love (and its opposite, fear, which generates all painful emotions such as hate, greed and jealousy)."
            -Umm so the only thing opposite of love is pain?

Steps to loving
1. Say it
2. Empathize
3. Love unconditionally
4. Expect nothing in return
5. Realize it can be lost
        -Okay, not that I disagree with these but true love normally does this naturally, right? Sometimes you need a reminder on one or the other but a step by step classroom lecture?

"As a word, love can be found worldwide and is often used to describe compassion and/or emotional attachment. Sometimes love songs do not accurately describe love, but rather, the absence of love, hence the sad tone of some romantic songs."
                     -Love me some country "I lost my house, my dog, and my wife...."

"WARNING" <----yeah, there is a warning section on how to love!

-You must love yourself first before you can love another.
-There is always a risk of getting hurt
-Recognize that any feeling of jealousy is a clear sign of fear
-The idea of love is fueled by childhood fantasies.
-You just may find your soulmate sooner than you intended(<- how is this a warning?)
-Don't ask for love
-Do not force love


All quotes and picture taken from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment