Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Mrs. Moriah

My dear sweet friend Moriah just got married to the love of her life, John. Four days before they were to have their reception the photographer-friend backed out. She called me up because she knew I had a "fancy" camera and asked (and I offered) if I would be willing to take pictures for them. Immediately inside I wanted to scream "YES YES YES" because secretly I've always wanted to but my more calm, cool, collected self knew that photographing someones reception is kind of a big deal and should be left to the photographers. Anyway, I agreed on the ground rules that she couldn't expect anything. That I'd try my best but I am IN NO WAY professional or even amateur. We had a blast, and I say we because David was the best photographers assistant EVER. We also had a blast just laughing with John and Moriah. I also had a lot of fun editing them afterwards. I interpreted in a photoshop class last year so I was able to know basics (which REALLY helped) and I found Corel Paintshop Pro which is photoshop for dummies (still has layers, masks, levels, etc.) and got a FREE 30 day trial. In total I edited 119 pictures out of the 650 I took. I'm pretty proud to say the least. Moriah told me her sister-in-law wants me to photograph her newborn and some friend wants to hire me for their own wedding....EEEKKKK!!!!! Oh and did I mention they want to pay me? What the.....????? I dunno if I'll do it, it feels like a HUGE responsibility (because it is) and I don't know if I want to do it over and over again. Not to mention, my 30 day trial is up..bummer...I'm debating trading one of these two offers for them to buy me the program....OR you could just buy it for me?

For your viewing and/or critiquing pleasure, here are a few of my fav's:











No comments:

Post a Comment